easy holiday ribbon wreath

November 15, 2010




The other night I decided to make a holiday craft instead of doing my homework. Good choice, no. Fun choice, yes. I have noticed a lot of holiday wreath tutorials popping up around blogland but I particularly liked the idea of a ribbon wreath.

Here is my version.

Gather some ribbon. Doesn't matter the length, designs, or texture. Just make some sort of color pallet. You will also need a wreath frame. I found this metal one at a craft store for $3.
Then you will need to start by wrapping your wreath with ribbon. I used a clothes pin to hold the end down. I wasn't quiet sure what my plan was yet so I didn't want to glue anything. But go ahead and use a dab of hot glue to hold the beginning and end down.

Warning: dont glue anywhere else! You are going to have to slide the ribbon around a bit.




It's ok if you have a few gaps. Actually, its perfect if you have a few gaps.

Next cute a short piece of ribbon, 4"-5". Tie the ribbon in a knot, on the wire,  in between the pieces of stripped ribbon {in the gaps.}

hint: You may have to slide your ribbon to the side a bit.
Repeat. Tie pieces of ribbon on the wreath until it looks like you want! Then you can fluff, curl, and arrange! I think this sort of wreath would also look good in a blue & silver color combo!



Is it too early to hang up?

:: Now I'm off to do homework until Sophie wakes up. for real. I have basically a whole semesters worth of work to do in 2 weeks. Awesome right?

::this post is participating in the today's creative blog link up party!

13 Comments:

Julie said...

I love that this project doesn't look too difficult. My daughter would have a great time with this project and what a terrific way to use leftover ribbon scraps. Great idea!

Sydney Garton said...

Love it. I tried making a similar one and it turned out horrible.. you're looks much easier and cuter than mine did. I finally quit half way through and went and went to the store and just bought one! : )

Lesa said...

very cute!

Amber and Spencer Ward said...

SO cute Kendra! What a great idea! :)

Hailey said...

What a great idea! I was on Martawrites blog and saw a pic of you on there...it was kind a surreal I had to laugh. I'm sorry Sophie was sick. I hope she's doing better and you are getting all your homework done!

Emily said...

LOVE the wreath!! I think I may make one myself! Plus I am working on my "picture frame" door this week!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

so adorable Kendra! I shared it on my Tatertots facebook page and linked to you :)

xox
Jen

Mamarazzi said...

super CUTE!!!

AND...

I just wanted to stop in, as a fellow nominee, and congratulate you on your Top Blog 2010 Nomination over on The Blog Guide.

It is a thrill to be nominated in such great company!!

Unknown said...

This is darling! I am featuring it at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com. Grab my "featured" button.

Niki Jolene said...

Love it love it LOVE IT!!!

I am gonna make one (and now that I've foud your blog I am gonna follow you, too!) Follow me back to Free 2 Be Frugal.

Pieceful Bits said...

Cute..love it! Thanks for sharing and I'm a new follower (~~) Julie

Bonnie B. said...

found you through someday crafts. LOVE the wreath. it is so cute!!

Anonymous said...

I relish, result in I discovered exactly what I used to be taking
a look for. You've ended my 4 day lengthy hunt! God Bless you man. Have a great day. Bye

Feel free to surf to my page ... avis binoa

Post a Comment

thanks for commenting! i ♥ comments!
If you have a question, ask away! Just make sure your email is linked to your profile so I can answer you!