Holiday Eats: Pumpkin Bars

November 12, 2010

Holiday Eats: Pumpkin Bars


I know it's bad manners to brag, but if ever a baked good deserved the title best ever, it's these... My mom used to make a batch or two every fall, but they are so good that I crave them year 'round. They are an autumn party for your tastebuds. They are moist pumpkin perfection topped with just the right amount of cream cheese frosting. Do make + eat these this weekend. I promise they will not disappoint.


Pumpkin bars:
4 eggs
1 2/3 c. sugar
1 c. oil
1 16 oz. can pumpkin
2 c. flour
2 t. baking powder
2 t. cinnamon
1 t. salt
1 t. baking soda

Mix eggs, sugar, oil & pumpkin 'til light and fluffy. In a separate bowl, combine remaining dry ingredients. Then stir everything together. Spread in an ungreased jelly roll pan and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Cool.


Cream cheese frosting:
3 oz cream cheese (softened)
1/2 c. margarine (softened)
1 t. vanilla
2 c. powdered sugar

::These look so tasty! I am a major fan of anything pumpkin. These go on the "must try" list! Thanks Jessica! If you would like to share a favorite holiday recipe in the holiday eats series I would love to have you! Just drop me a line. Or a email. :)

1 Comments:

lesa said...

I have to only make these once a year because I could eat the whole pan! Yummy!

Post a Comment

thanks for commenting! i ♥ comments!
If you have a question, ask away! Just make sure your email is linked to your profile so I can answer you!