A Childhood Memory

April 14, 2010

I was looking through my book case today.
I found my FAVORITE childhood books...

The Land or Many Colors
The Very Hungry Catapillar
Roxaboxen
Alexandar and the Terrible Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day
Little Penguins's Tale
Stellaluna

My mom and dad would read these book's to me when I was little.
They were my favorite bedtime stories.

The point of reading these bedtime stories to me was to help me fall asleep but sometimes.....
My dad would fall asleep first! While he was reading the story :)

I can't wait to read these books to Sophie! I hope she likes them as much as I do!

What books are the favorites at your house?

6 Comments:

lesa said...

I loves those books. Brings back lots and lots of good, great memories.

des said...

i love this. i think i will always remember Where The Wild Things Are - i hope my kids love that one as much as i do!

The May Family said...

Right now.... Dino-Soccer. Eli is so all about the sports and dinosaurs and dragons at the moment. He loves to read. Start them young. Reading to Eli is one of my most favorite things to do. I love how he gets so into the stories, and more often then not, I will find him acting things out from the stories the few days after we have read a new story.

Jenny said...

We had lots of good stories at our house. I know my dad made a lot of them up. We did read Where the Sidewalk Ends, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and Where the Wild things are. Those are still some of my favorites.

alananddanielle said...

We love books!!!!!!!!!I became slightly obsessed before we even had kids thanks to my awesome job as the librarian. Anyway-Alan used to think I was nuts spending so much money on books when we didn't have kids, that was until we don't have to buy them now. We love, "Teena and the magic pot, Berenstein Bears, Dr. Seuss, The Very Hungry Caterpillar, and about a million more."

Lynn said...

It was funny to have Kendra either wake me to finish the story or run out and tell mom I had gone to sleep. I think a couple of times they just left me sleeping! Fun times and good memories.

Post a Comment

thanks for commenting! i ♥ comments!
If you have a question, ask away! Just make sure your email is linked to your profile so I can answer you!